Now that I have my kitchen somewhat organized and am settled in the new house, I am cooking any chance I get. It is so peaceful and quiet out there that once I get home from my long commute everyday and even on the weekends, I hardly want to leave. Last weekend I made Pumpkin Parfaits for the dinner party, and they were a hit! I sprinkled a bit of cinnamon in the layers and added toffee brickle too. I wanted to add roasted pecans to the layers but ran out of time. I made the bottom crust out of crumbled up blondie brownies I made the night prior. Thanks to “anightowlblog.com” for the idea and base recipe. Freshly shaved nutmeg would look and taste great on top too!
Quick Pumpkin Cheesecake Parfaits
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Heath Bits O’ Brickle Toffee Bits
- 1 pint of heavy whipping cream
- 1/3-1/2 cup sugar/brown sugar/coconut sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice (or a combo of cinnamon, cloves, and ginger)
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tbsp butter, melted
- **an alternative for the crust is crumbled up chunks of brownies/blondies
- **see whipped cream recipe below
- Cream together softened cream cheese and sugar in a medium bowl.
- Add in pumpkin puree and pumpkin pie spice until thoroughly combined.
- Fold 1/2 of whipped cream into pumpkin cream cheese mixture and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, stir together graham cracker crumbs with melted butter.
- Layer graham cracker crumbs first, pumpkin cheesecake, whipped cream, toffee brickle (best sprinkled in between each layer), and top with remaining whipped cream, freshly shaved nutmeg, cinnamon, crushed graham cracker, and toffee brickle.
- Heavy whipping cream
- granulated or confectioners sugar
- vanilla extract
A good ratio is 3 T sugar and 1 t vanilla per 1 cup whipping cream. Whisk by hand or by electric mixer until soft peaks start to form.
I love these, especially the Pump Action and the Ninkasi Sleigh’r
Our new beautiful custom coffee table
Tomato Bell Pepper Gouda Soup with Red Wine
Fresh Veggie Pad Thai with Zucchini Noodles